一、GoPro Labs 简介和固件下载
Labs offers experimental firmware program that uses QR codes to control your camera and extend your camera’s functionality beyond stocks features. It is especially useful in situations where settings can’t be communicated via voice, where WiFi is not available, where app pairing is not established, or in advanced setups, such as multiple cameras time synchronization or delayed camera triggers. You will not lose any pre-existing modes or features on your GoPro—this update simply adds more features. Safe to install, safe to use, only the extended feature are experimental and they are all off by default.
Download the GoPro Labs firmware for current shipping cameras:
- HERO11 Black – v2.10.70, March 2023
- HERO11 Black Mini – v2.30.70, May 2023
- HERO10 Black – v1.50.70, January 2023
- GoPro MAX – v2.00.75, April 2023
Download and install for older cameras:
- HERO9 Black – v1.72.70, June 2022
- HERO8 Black – v2.51.75, July 2022
- HERO7 Black – v1.90.71, January 2021
- HERO5 Session – v2.51.72, May 2021
By downloading any of the public updates provided to you on, from, or through this page or the GoPro website you signify your agreement to these terms of participation (the “Terms”).
Follow the manual firmware update instructions.
See updates and changes in the Release Notes
Need help, or an have Labs questions, we have a dedicated forum for Labs users
Learn more information about the program on GoPro.com.
Labs Camera Control
GoPro QR code generator for basic camera settings changes
Advanced Commands Overviews
- Camera Macros e.g. motion or sound level triggers, long form time-lapses, etc.
- Camera Extensions e.g. bit-rate enhancements or exposure tweaks
Primer on Labs actions, scripting and command sets
Overview of Labs functionality and device compatibility:
Feature HERO11/Mini HERO10/Bones HERO9 HERO8 HERO7 MAX 24.0Hz capture vs 23.976 Yes Yes Adobe-compatible proxies Yes Yes/No Altered File Naming Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Archive Mode (locked settings) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Audio Channels Gain/Solo/Mute Yes Yes Yes Audio Disable Yes Yes Yes Bitrate Controls Yes Yes Boot Command Yes Yes Yes DaVinci-compatible proxies Yes Exposure Display current ISO and shutter Yes Exposure Damping control Yes Yes Exposure Curve custom log encoding Yes Exposure Min/Max Times Yes Extra Long time-lapse Yes/No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes GPS time sync Yes/No Yes/No Yes Guidelines Display on rear LCD Yes/No HDMI display settings Yes/No Yes Yes Hindsight Timeout Extension Yes Yes Histogram (on display) Yes Yes Yes Yes Histogram Position/Size (either screen) Yes/No Large Chapter Support (12GB) Standard Yes Yes Yes Yes Live Stream Initiation Yes Yes Yes Yes LRV Disable Yes limited LTC Time support (via MediaMod) Yes/No Yes/No Yes Max Shutter Angle exposure control Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Metadata Injections Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Noise Reduction control Yes Overlay – Burn-ins e.g. Time/Date limited limited Yes Yes Overlay – Color Bar limited limited Yes Yes Overlays – Logo Burn-In limited limited Yes Overlays – Luma Sweep limited limited Yes Yes Owner Information Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes QR decoding while recording Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes SD card speed test Yes Yes Yes Yes Spirit Level Display on rear LCD Yes/No Sunrise/Sunset starts Yes Yes/No Yes Yes Yes Yes Time delayed Starts Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Time/date/timecode QR Code Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Tone Mapping Controls Yes Yes Trigger – Accelerometer Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Trigger – GPS speed Yes Yes/No Yes Yes Yes Yes Trigger – Gyroscope Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Trigger – IMU Motion Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Trigger – Motion detection Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Trigger – Sound Pressure Level Yes Yes Yes Trigger – USB Power Yes/No Yes/No Yes Yes Yes Upload scripting Yes Yes Yes USB power trust override Yes Yes/No Wake on Power Yes Yes Yes Wider Color Gamut Yes White Balance Lock No/Yes
Labs is expanding, experiment software for GoPro users GoPro Labs software.
updated: May 19, 2023
GoPro Firmware Update Guide for any PC/Mac
This guide will help you update the firmware on your GoPro Camera using a personal computer.
- A GoPro HERO Black, HERO11 Mini or MAX camera
- A battery with a good charge (50% or better)
- A microSD card with adapter (this can’t be done using a USB connected camera.)
- A computer from this century
Step 1: Download the Firmware Update for Labs
- Visit the page above
Step 2: Prepare the microSD Card
- Insert your microSD card into the microSD card adapter
- Connect the microSD card adapter to your computer
Step 3: Copy the Firmware Update Files
- Unzip (extract) the LABS_HEROxx_aa_bb_7x.zip file, to discover folder called UPDATE
- Note: The UPDATE folder will contain three files CAMFWV.bin, DATA.bin and FWUPD.txt (or similar)
- Copy the entire UPDATE folder, not the zip file, or any folder other than UPDATE, to the root directory of the microSD card
- Your SD card contents should like something like this:
Step 4: Update the Camera
- With the GoPro camera powered off
- Insert the microSD card with the firmware update files into the camera
- Power on the GoPro camera
- The camera will beep and turn itself off and on several times. A check mark on the front screen will let you know when it’s done.
- If you get a CAMERA UPDATE FAILED message, remove and reinsert the battery and restart from the beginning.
三、手机App（GoPro Quik）连接 GoPro Labs 固件的方法（无需触摸屏）
GoPro Lab WiFi Hack
One useful application of GoPro Labs is the “WiFi Hack”. Simply scan the below QR code and connect your GoPro to the APP on WiFi. It’s useful say if you have a broken back screen to check password. You need GoPro Labs installed on the camera for this to work!
Here’s how (works on the Hero 8, but I have not tested it on the 9):
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone
- Open the GoPro Quik App on your phone and be ready to click on the search/add/connect to GoPro icon
- Keep your GoPro pointing at the below QR Code at the optimal distance for recognition until the next step
- Press the MODE button 3 times
- On the GoPro APP, click on the search/add/connect to a GoPro icon, that’s it